WE ARE CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS.
WE ARE KNOX DEFENSE.
Call now for your FREE CONSULTATION.
WHITE COLLAR CRIME DEFENSE
White-collar crimes encompass a range of offenses involving misrepresentation, deceit, and fraud to unlawfully obtain money or property. While they may not cause physical harm, the financial losses can be staggering, prompting rigorous investigations at both federal and state levels, resulting in severe penalties. White-collar cases almost always involve complicated circumstances and high volumes of digital evidence.
Common Types of White Collar and Fraud Crimes
- Embezzlement: Misappropriation of funds entrusted to someone's care.
- Racketeering and RICO: Organized criminal activities or patterns of racketeering.
- Counterfeiting: Producing fake currency, goods, or documents.
- Extortion, Bribery & Blackmail: Coercing or bribing for personal gain.
- Tax Evasion: Illegally avoiding paying taxes.
- Money Laundering: Concealing the origins of illegally obtained money.
- Cyber Crimes: Committing crimes online, including hacking and fraud.
- Wire Fraud & Mail Fraud: Fraudulent schemes using electronic or mail communication.
- Identity Theft: Stealing and using personal information.
- Investment Fraud: Deceptive investment schemes like Ponzi schemes.
- Insider Trading and Securities Fraud: Illegally trading based on non-public information.
- Intellectual Property Crimes: Violating patents, copyrights, or trademarks.
- Espionage: Stealing trade secrets or sensitive information.
- Public Corruption: Abuse of power for personal gain.
- Healthcare Fraud: Insurance fraud in the healthcare industry
Early Legal Support is Crucial
If you're under investigation or charged with a white-collar crime, prompt action is vital. A skilled Tennessee criminal defense attorney will need to review the records and evidence related to the allegations, and the earlier they are involved in the process the better. With the right experience and knowledge of the law, an attorney can tailor a defense strategy based on your unique circumstances, challenge charges early, and mitigate public exposure. Knox Defense's experienced criminal defense lawyers have a strong record of protecting clients' rights and freedoms in various criminal cases, including white-collar and fraud offenses at both the state and federal levels.
Consequences of Fraud Convictions
White-collar crime convictions lead to long-lasting repercussions, affecting criminal records and social standing. Penalties may include imprisonment, hefty fines, community service and confinement, asset forfeiture, probation, and victim restitution. Beyond these, the impact on personal and professional life can be devastating, limiting employment and housing prospects and tarnishing reputations.
Navigating Federal Charges with Expertise
Because many white-collar crimes are federal offenses, hiring an attorney experienced in federal court proceedings is crucial. At Knox Defense, our criminal trial lawyers possess proven experience in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee and in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, ensuring complete and comprehensive representation throughout your matter. With decades of courtroom experience, we are East Tennessee's premier criminal defense law firm.
Our lawyers understand the complexity of defending white-collar crimes. To aid in building and presenting a defense, we engage investigative experts and specialists to assist with collecting, reviewing, and analyzing records and data necessary for the defense of our clients. We utilize private detectives, forensic accountants, and other experts to prepare compelling defenses in fraud cases in both Tennessee State and Federal Courts. Whether negotiating a plea or fighting in trial, Knox Defense attorneys aggressively safeguard your rights. If you're facing criminal charges or suspect an investigation against you is underway in Tennessee, seek counsel promptly. Call (865) 269-9926 for a free, confidential consultation, complete our online form, or chat with our online receptionist to get started.